Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Girly Girl

I like to try and consider myself a girly-girl, but how can I do that when my job consists of such manly-man tasks?  I am the type of girl who stays away from difficult "man jobs"; for example when we go camping and it comes time to put up a tent, I bolt.  I am not a fan of fixing things, assembling things, and/or heavy lifting.  Those are things I kindly hand over to my husband and say, "go knock yourself out babe".  
I think back a few months ago when my husband took me to Home Depot to go tool shopping; I figured I would grab a hammer, screw driver thing and measuring tape and would be enough to fix a vending machine if I needed to. How am I supposed to know, I have never used a tool in my life unless it is to hammer a nail in the wall to hang up pictures in my house (which Dave doesn't even allow me to do).  Dave grabbed a five sided screw driver looking thing, gloves, hammer, leveler thing, etc and I am so overwhelmed.  I just remember dreading the day I would need to bust these things out and attempt using them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment