Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Snap shot of the Vend-it Van

My first vehicle was similar to this one...well it was a red Tahoe, but you get the picture.  I have to admit, I have been spoiled when it comes to my past vehicles; I have had a Tahoe (as mentioned before), a F150, a BMW and now I have a Chevy Cargo Van.  The Cargo Van is...well interesting I guess.  It has been ever since the day I tried to buy it from some 25 year old punk who, in the end, screwed me over on the deal.  It leans to one side, the tires go low after like a week, I can't look in my rear view mirrors because there is a cage behind me with no windows, and worst of all it portrays me as a creepy old man!
I am fortunate enough to have an amazing handy man for a hubby and he built me some top of the line, heavy duty vending racks on the driver side of the van.  I am so thankful because before I had to just lay crates of pop all over in the back of the van and every time I braked, product would fly everywhere and I felt like I was on the verge of tipping!
The best thing that has happened in the good old Cargo, happened about a week ago;  I had been putting off cleaning that thing for months, I attempted with my girlfriend Alicia when we hand washed our cars at my house one day, but that thing is way too tall for me to hand wash.  So when I was finished with my route for the day I decided to go through a drive through car wash.  I was in the middle of the wash and put the van in park and began to text, becoming unaware of my surroundings.  All the sudden I notice the foreign gas station attendant screaming and waving his arms at me.  I couldn't roll my window down because I was afraid that water would squirt me.  Then I noticed the light flashing so I tried to move forward, that is when I realized I was stuck!  The guy was still screaming, so I rolled down the window and said, "SHUT UP!!!! Stop screaming at me and tell me what to do to get out of here!!!!" and so after a retched scratch, I got out.  The guy said I broke the whole machine! ooops ;)  I left the car wash with my van covered in white soap and a scratch on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment